A cottage owner who’s old deck rotted away requested a design and build replacement. This 24 x 16 deck with a 45-degree angle and simple steps to allow for maximum deck space was made from treated pine. Steps have mitered corners and top is “picture framed” to conceal all cuts from the top boards. Built on 6×6 posts on 12-inch concrete tubes supported by 2×12 cross beams and 2×8 joists, this deck will last 25 years or more.
Sutherland Construction Ltd. is a small, Ottawa-based home renovation company led by Derek Sutherland McNaughton. Derek specializes in providing high-quality craftsmanship at low cost. Quality means every job, no matter how small, must be perfect — perfectly square, plumb or level, perfectly cut and trimmed or mitered with no gaps, spaces or messy finishes — perfectly true to plan.
If it’s not perfect, it’s not done. Only perfect will do.
With several years of carpentry and construction experience, Sutherland Construction Ltd. would be happy to complete any of the following for your home or property:
• Updates and repairs to homes — from full bathroom or kitchen renovations to full basements
• Demolition, framing, structural
• Decks, fences, gates, pergolas – click here for detail
• Baseboard trim, crown moldings, casings, other window and door trim
• Free-standing or built-in cabinets, TV units, bookcases or shelving units
• Window and door installation
• Insulation, drywall, painting
• Minor plumbing, including sinks, taps and toilets
• Minor electrical, including lights, outlets and fixtures
• Tree removal service
Call 613-301-4939 or send an email to: email@example.com
See below for a selection of previously completed projects.
A landlord in Vanier had some water leaks from the rental unit above the lower bachelor unit. Well beyond the patch repair requested for the unit, the rental was given a brand new ceiling, later painted flat white.